Guide to Become a Full-Stack Developer
💥 What is the Full Stack Developer?
Full Stack developer is who works familiar with both front-end and back-end, also servers and database.
💥 Why should you become a Full Stack Developer?
- You can build entire a web application, without having to rely on someone else.
- High demand jobs about Full-stack developers.
- Get high Salary.
💥 How to become a Full Stack Developer?
- Have a plan: You need to lay out the roadmap of things you'd like to learn.
- Build stuff: Don’t just read, build simple apps by applying whatever you have learned.
- Find a community of support as StackOverflow.
- Summarize and document what you learn, it’s very useful to review in the future.
- Make a habit to read books, blogs and practice every day.
Roadmap to become a Full-Stack Developer with Ruby on Rails
- Git / SVN
- GitHub / Bitbucket / GitLab
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Responsive Web Design
- Frameworks: ReactJS, Angular or Vue.js, EmberJS
Language: Ruby - [Resources]
Framework: Ruby on Rails - [Resources]
Unit Tests: Rspec - [Resources]
- MongoDB - [Tuts]
- Digital Ocean
- Engine Yard
App Server and Web Server
Deployment, Measurement vs Monitoring
5. Architecture, Refactoring
- Convention over Configuration (Coc)
- Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY)
- Form Object / Policy Object ( Active Records - Model)
- Decorator / Presenter / Facade (View)
- Service Object (Controller)
- Strategy / Composite patterns / ...
Fat model, skinny controller
KISS - Keep it simple, stupid
Composition over inheritance
📚 Best Resources
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Code Complete 2: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction
Head First Design Patterns: A Brain-Friendly Guide
The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Front-End Engineers
Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual
“The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream,” said Hilfiger.
I hope that, this article can help you early become to Full-Stack Developer.
If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate comment below 😂